Heritage Consultancy Services
pd architect offers a range of heritage consultancy services for both local and state heritage-listed places throughout Queensland. Assessment of pre-1946 and 19th century buildings located in character areas is also a speciality.
The methodology adopted for conservation projects follows the principles and guidelines expressed in The Burra Charter, (The Australian ICOMOS Charter for the Conservation of Places of Cultural Significance).
- Heritage Impact Statements
- Exemption Certificate Applications
- Heritage surveys for Local Authorities
- Character and DCP Assessments
- Condition Reports
- Conservation work
- Conservation Management Plans
- Heritage Management Protocols and Policies
- Photographic Archival Recording
- Adaptive Re-use Studies for heritage buildings and sites
- Design reviews for heritage buildings
- Heritage advice during the architectural design process
Our usual practice is to operate on a fixed fee arrangement for project work and reports. In the early stages of a project, we also offer an hourly rate service in order to assess the scope of work that is required.